LET'S PULL TOGETHER!
Grab your friends and test your mettle at the inaugural Ottawa Fire Truck Pull.
You don’t have to be a fire fighter to enter, but you can dress like one if you’d like. Team themes and costumes are encouraged for those who wish to compete for the “Best Team Spirit” award. It will be the weekend before Halloween, after all.
Registered teams commit to raising at least $1,000. Teams can raise funds in person and online. We’ll set you up with a team fundraising page and individual pages for each team member. Teams can supplement direct fundraising requests with groups fundraising activities like bake sales, yard sales, car washes, etc.
Teams compete in five categories:
- Overall Event Winner: combination of best pull time and most funds raised by a team
- Fastest Pull
- Most Money Raised by a Team
- Most Money Raised per Teammate
- Best Team Spirit
Are you up to the challenge?
- Maximum of 10 participants per team.
- Each participant must be at least 13 years of age.
- Each team must have a team name. Spirited themes are recommended. (See page 3 of the registration kit)
- Team Captains must submit Team Contact Information to email@example.com within 2 weeks of registering their team or by Friday October 19, 2018, whichever is first. (See page 3 of the registration kit)
- Team Captains are responsible for managing the team fundraising page, including updating totals from group fundraising efforts and cash or cheque donations made to any teammate that doesn’t have a Personal Fundraising Page, and ensuring all teammates receive a Waiver Form (see pages 5-6) and a Donation Form (see page 7 of the registration kit).
- Each team must raise at least $1,000 by the end of Team Check-in to be guaranteed an opportunity to pull the fire truck in the event. On a 10 person team, each member should raise approximately $100 minimum. Teams can supplement individual fundraising with group fundraisers such as bake sales, yard sales, car washes, etc.
- All donations are final regardless of the team’s total at the end of Team Check-in.
- All teammates are responsible for completing the Donation Forms by collecting the required information from donors making cash or cheque donations of $10 or more in order for those donors to receive a charitable tax receipt. (See page 7 of the registration kit)
- On event day, all teams must report to the Team Check-in table and bring the following:
a) All donated funds (cash and cheques),
b) Individual signed waiver forms by each team member (See pages 5-6 of the registration kit)
c) Team Funds Tracking sheet (See page 4 of the registration kit)
d) Any Donation Forms the teammates used (See page 7 of the registration kit)
HOW TO REGISTER A TEAM
1. Click on the “Team Registration” button on this Ottawa Fire Truck Pull website. This will take you to the registration page.
2. Click on the “Create a Team” button on the registration page
3. Enter your email address.
a) If you have a Canada Helps account, you will be prompted to enter your password.
b ) If you do not have a Canada Helps account you will be prompted to create a free account by confirming your email address and creating a password.
4. If you have created a new account, you will be prompted to fill in your name, address, city, country, and postal code (province is optional). If you sign in with an existing Canada Helps account, this information is automatically entered in the form.
5. If you are joining as a company team, you can enter your company’s name.
6. You will be prompted to set up a Personal Fundraising Page.*
a) Choose a page name.
b) You have the option of changing the personal fundraising goal.
c) Upload an image.
d) You have the option of editing the fundraising story or keep our suggested template.
7. You will be prompted to set up a Team Fundraising Page.
a) Enter your team name.
b) You have the option of changing the team’s overall goal, but your team must raise at least $1,000 to be guaranteed the opportunity of pulling a fire truck at the event
c) Upload an image.
d) You have the option of editing the team’s fundraising story or keep our suggested template.
Once you have completed step 7, you will see the “Manage My Team” page.
8. Go to the “Details” tab and scroll down to the “Access Status” section. Select “I will send all invitations to join.” This will give you complete control over who joins your team.
9. Please download the Registration Kit from the Welcome page, complete the Team Contact Form (page 3 of the Registration Kit) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of registering or by Friday October 19, 2018, whichever comes first.
10. The Registration Kit includes the participant Waiver Form (pages 5-6) and a Donation Form (page 7) to track cash and cheque donations. Please distribute these forms to all teammates. Teammates that launch Personal Fundraising Pages can also access these forms on the Welcome tab when they manage their Personal Fundraising Page.
11. Invite any teammates that want their own Personal Fundraising Page:
a) Go to the “Team Members” tab
b) Click on the “Email” button
c) Enter the first name, last name, and email address, then click add
d) Repeat step c for each teammate who wishes to launch a Personal Fundraising Page.
e) Click the “Invite” button.
*Personal Fundraising Pages and Team Fundraising Pages:
Team Captains will need to set up a Personal Fundraising Page and a Team Fundraising Page. Your teammates have the choice of doing all of your online fundraising through your Team Fundraising Page or Personal Fundraising Pages in addition to the Team Fundraising Page.
All funds raised through Personal Fundraising Pages will be added to the fundraising total of the Team Fundraising Page.
If some teammates want a Personal Fundraising Page and others don’t, that’s ok. Anyone (other than the Team Captain) who doesn’t want a Personal Fundraising Page can do their online fundraising through the Team Fundraising Page. These teammates won’t be able to log in and manage the page (e.g. add offline donations to the team total) but they can share the link to the Team Fundraising Page with their friends and family as they raise funds.
Each team will be provided with a shortened URL for the Team Fundraising Page and each person who sets up a Personal Fundraising Page will be provided with a shortened URL for that page.
For more information about managing your fundraising page, visit our Team FAQs.