How much does it cost?
The event is free to attend. There is no entrance fee for participants, but teams that register commit to raising at least $1,000 through individual donations and group fundraisers (bake sales, yard sales, etc.).
If I’m not a firefighter, how can I get involved?
This year we’re adding “Fan Teams” who will help their favourite firefighter team while competing for prizes themselves. Find out more here.
If I’m not a firefighter, can I watch?
Yes! We’ll be streaming the event on Facebook Live.
Where do the donations go?
100% of the proceeds will go to Epilepsy Ottawa to support epilepsy services in our community. About 1 in 100 people have epilepsy, but many don’t talk about it due to social stigma and discrimination. Find out more here.
Will donors receive charitable tax receipts?
Donations of $10 or more are eligible for charitable tax receipts. Tax receipts are automatically issued for donations made online. Teams and Teammates who collect cash or cheque donations must track donors’ full names, mailing addresses, and the amount of the donation on the Donation Form in the Registration Kit and submit this completed form along with the donations in order for the donor to receive a tax receipt.
For donations by cheque, what name should be on the cheque?
Please make cheques payable to Epilepsy Ottawa.
How do I donate online to the charity, a team, or a participant?
OPTION 1 – with a URL
- Follow that URL to the Team Fundraising Page or Participant Fundraising Page.
- Scroll down to the “Donate to Ottawa Fire Truck Pull” section, fill out the form, and follow the instructions.
- Click on the “Continue with My Donation” button and follow the instructions.
OPTION 2 – Donate to the charity without a URL.
- Click on the “Donate Now” button on homepage of this website.
- Scroll down to the “Donate to Ottawa Fire Truck Pull” section, fill out the form, and follow the instructions to complete your donation.
If you want to donate to a specific team and you don’t have a URL to their specific page, you can do any of the following:
- Select the Team in the options provide in the “Donate to Ottawa Fire Truck Pull” section.
- Search for the team on this page through the “Search for Team or Participant” button.
- Click on the “View All” link in the “Top Team” and “Top Fundraiser” sections.
Where is the Ottawa Fire Truck Pull?
The 2020 Ottawa Fire Truck Pull will be held on Ottawa Fire Services property. This year’s event will not be open to public attendance.
What if it rains?
The Ottawa Fire Truck Pull will go on rain, snow, or shine.
Who can enter a team?
Any group of firefighters with up to 10 team-mates can enter a team.
How do I enter a team?
- If you are a firefighter, gather a team of up to 10 participants.
- Choose a team name, a theme, and a Team Captain.
- Select complete the form on our Team Registration page.
- We will send you a registration kit and a link to your fundraising page.
- Follow the steps at the link to set up your fundraising pages.
- Start fundraising.
Please note that you must complete the Team Contact Form on page 4 of the Registration Kit and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 11, 2020. Registration kits will be emailed to Team Captains once they complete the contact form on the Team Registration page.
Team Captains are responsible for:
- Registering the team
- Acting as the team’s primary contact with the Ottawa Fire Truck Pull
- Submitting Team Contact Information (as detailed in the Registration Kit) to email@example.com by September 11, 2020.
- Managing the team fundraising page, including updating totals from group fundraising efforts and cash or cheque donations.
- Ensuring all teammates receive a Waiver Form and a Donation Form from the Registration Kit.
- Submitting complete Waiver Forms and signed Photo Release Forms for all Team Members to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 18, 2020.
What if I have fewer than 10 people on my team?
8-10 people is the ideal number of people on a team, but we will accept smaller teams. No matter how small the team, you are committing to raise at least $1,000.
What if I have more than 10 people on my team?
Only 10 people can pull the fire truck. Additional teammates can start a Fan Team to cheer you on as part of the “team spirit” competition (with a chance for them to win prizes) or you can consider breaking into 2 or more teams.
What if my team doesn’t reach the $1,000 minimum?
Teams that don’t raise at least $1,000 are not guaranteed an opportunity to pull a fire truck at the event. If your team is struggling to raise $1,000, contact us for advice.
How do I find my fundraising page? (for Team Captains and Fan Teams)
There are several ways to find your page:
OPTION 1. Save the email confirming that your page is live and use the link in that email to find your page.
OPTION 2. Save the shortened URL to your fundraising page. (See the Managing Your Page section for instructions on how to find the shortened URL)
- Click on your name in the top right corner of the screen, and select “My CanadaHelps”
- Select the “Fundraising Pages” tab from the “My Donor Account” page
- Select “View” to see your Personal Fundraising Page. Or you can select “Edit” for your Personal Fundraising Page to see your dashboard and manage the page.
For Team Captains
To find and manage your Team Page, follow the steps above for any of the above options. If you select OPTION 3:
- Once you’re on your Personal Fundraising Page dashboard, click on your name in the top right corner and the drop down menu will give you the options “Edit My Team” or “Edit My Page”.
- Clicking on “Edit my Team” will take you to the dashboard for your Team Fundraising Page
How do I find my Team Fundraising Page? (for Teammates without a Personal Fundraising Page)
OPTION 1. Save the shortened URL provided to you by your Team Captain.
OPTION 2. Visit the main Ottawa Fire Truck Pull Registration Page
- Search for your team through the “Search for Team or Participant” button or
- Click on the “View All” link in the “Top Team” section
How do I manage my Team Fundraising Page? (for Team Captains)
Once you’ve completed team registration, you will be taken to your “Manage My Team” page.
In this section you can:
- Find the shortened URL to your Team Fundraising Page that you can share for online fundraising and with teammates who are not going to set up Personal Fundraising Pages (Welcome tab)
- Edit your team name, fundraising goal, and team story (Details tab)
- Add images and videos to help with our fundraising efforts (Images & Videos tab)
- Invite teammates who want to set up their own Personal Fundraising Page (Team Members tab)
- Track donations made online or offline (Donations tab).
How do I register offline donations on the fundraising pages? (cash, cheques, and group fundraisers)
The Team Captain can add offline donations to the team total and Fan Teams can add offline donations to their total. Any donations added to a Fan Team Fundraising Page will automatically be added to the Team Fundraising Total.
- Go to the “Donations” tab when managing your Personal Fundraising Page or Team Fundraising Page
- Click on the “offline” button
- Click on the “Add a Donation” button and follow the directions