Are you a firefighter, police officer, or paramedic?
Team Shrek challenges you to compete in the Shawn Mathieson First Responder Challenge. They won multiple awards at the inaugural Ottawa Fire Truck Pull, including the Overall Best Team Award. Can you pull a 10+ tonne fire truck 100 feet faster than team of fire fighters who work together like a well-oiled machine?
Who can compete?
Firefighters, police officers, and paramedics are invited to enter a team into this challenge. People in training to become a firefighter, people officer, or paramedic are also welcome to enter a team for this challenge. Any team with at least 50% first responders can participate in this challenge.
How is the winner decided?
The Challenge team that pulls the 10+ tonne fire truck 100 feet the fastest will win the Shawn Mathieson First Responder Challenge Award.
How do I enter a team into the challenge?
- Register a team in the event here.
- Make sure to select the Shawn Mathieson First Responder Challenge when the form asks in which challenge you’ll participate.
If you forget to select that option or you miss it, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you want your team to enter that challenge.
What if we don’t have any/enough first responders on our team?
You’ll still be competing against the teams in this challenge for Fastest Pull Time Award, Most Charitable Team Award, Best Team Spirit Award, Best Overall Team Award.
What else do I need to know?
Teams participating in the Shawn Mathieson First Responder challenge must meet the requirements of all teams, including:
- Each team can have a maximum 10 people (we recommend at least 8 people on your team)
- Raise at least $1,000 as a team to guarantee participation in the event
- Follow the guidelines set out in the registration package available here.